ElementGold is blended from high quality, dry, powdered ingredients. The ingredients have been specifically chosen to provide the nutrition your body needs in a form that can be rapidly absorbed whilst minimising triggering your digestive system. ElementGold complies with the Australia / New Zealand Food Standards Code, including as a Food for Special Medical Purposes.
ElementGold is considered a partial elemental food because in addition to amino acids it also contains protein.
The core ingredients are the same but flavourings and sweetener levels vary between flavours. Choose a flavour to see the complete ingredient lists and nutrition tables:
PROTEINS and AMINO ACIDS
Our bodies use proteins for a wide range of functions (although building of muscle is the most well known). The proteins used by our bodies are built up from amino acids chained together in many different arrangements.
ElementGold contains a blend of 'free-form' amino acids (such as Glycene and L-Serine) and additionally contains proteins (such as α-lactalbumen and Glycomacropeptide) which your body breaks down into an additional source of amino acids from which to build the particular proteins your body needs.
ElementGold contains 27 grams of protein per 100 gram serve, approaching the maximum that can be absorbed by the body at one time. Unlike whey protein used in most products, the protein in ElementGold is extracted from whey using the Ion-Exchange method, which provides a suitable protein profile with a high level of purity and low degree of denaturing. For more technical information about protein extracted from whey using the ion-exchange method and how it differs from traditional membrane filtration methods refer to Ion-Exchange information.
The proteins in ElementGold contain the following Amino Acids:
Additionally, the following free-form amino acids are added to ElementGold:
- Alanine aids in the metabolism of glucose for energy.
- Arginine retards growth of tumors and cancers by enhancing immune function, aids in liver detoxification, is involved in a number of enzyme and hormonal pathways, is a major component of collagen and aids in building new bone and tendon cells.
- Aspartic Acid increases stamina, protects the liver, aids cell function and RNA/DNA formation.
- Cysteine aids in skin formation, helps heal burns and wounds, assists in the supply of insulin to the pancreas.
- Glutamic Acid like glucose, provides energy for the brain. It enhances firing of neurons in nervous system, metabolizes sugars and fats.
- Glutamine primary substance used to rebuild the intestinal mucosal cell lining.
- Glycine retards muscle degeneration, necessary for central nervous system function and a healthy prostate.
- Histadine helps in tissue growth and repair, useful for treating ulcers, hyperacidity, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis and anemia.
- Isoleucine needed for hemoglobin formation, stabilizes and regulates blood sugar and energy levels.
- Leucine promotes the healing of bones, skin and tissue.
- Lysine aids calcium absorption and production of antibodies, hormones and enzymes, helps build muscle, collagen formation and tissue repair.
- Methionine assists in the breakdown of fats, prevents brittle hair, beneficial for allergic chemical sensitivities and osteoporosis.
- Phenylalanine can elevate mood, decrease pain and aid in memory and learning.
- Proline used in healing cartilage, strengthens joints, tendons and the heart muscle.
- Serine needed for proper metabolism of fats and fatty acids, aids in production of immunoglobulins and antibodies.
- Threonine helps maintain protein balance in the body, aids formation of collagen and elastin.
- Tryptophan necessary for production of vitamin B3, helps combat depression, insomnia and stabilize moods, helps control hyperactivity in children.
- Tyrosine aids function of pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands. Used to treat anxiety, depression, headaches and allergies.
- Valine used in combination with Leucine and Isoleucine to improve muscle metabolism, tissue repair and nitrogen balance.
The ANZ Food Standards Code requires the phrase "CONTAINS MILK" to be added to labels where an ingredient is used that has been derived from milk (as is the case with ElementGold proteins extracted from cheese whey). However, the Ion-Exchange process used to extract the proteins from whey is extremely efficient at extracting only the proteins and leaving behind the lactose, casein, minerals and fat that usually concern people avoiding milk.
As an example, a 325ml serve of ElementGold contains 0.07g of lactose, meaning you would need to drink over 290 serves of ElementGold to match the amount of lactose in a single 325ml glass of regular cows milk.
For more information refer to Ion-Exchange information.
The principal carbohydrate in ElementGold is maltodextrin derived from tapioca (cassava root). Maltodextrin has a low glycaemic index (GI) or in other words, a slower uptake to the bloodstream, helping to avoid the ‘sugar high’ and resultant crash associated with many liquid shake products.
The ElementGold formulations which are sweetened use a small amount of dextrose and fructose to achieve an acceptable level of sweetness.
For those that require, ElementGold is available in an Unsweetened Vanilla flavour, which contains no added sugars and is FODMAP friendly.
ElementGold formulations do not contain any fats or oils as tolerance of these is variable amongst users with different conditions.
If fat is required, simply add the desired quantity during the blending process.
One serving of ElementGold with 1 tablespoon of cold-pressed flax seed oil contains approximately 2000 kilojoules (480 calories).
Please consult with your healthcare professional about whether you are required to add fat to your ElementGold protocol.
Vitamins and Minerals
ElementGold contains a complete panel of vitamins and minerals needed for optimal body functioning and support for gastrointestinal tract healing.
The forms and amounts of vitamins and minerals in each flavor is compliant with FSANZ Food Standard 2.9.5 "Food for Special Medical Purposes" and is suitable as a sole source of nutrition for up to 30 days (when used under the supervision of a healthcare professional). There should be no need for additional supplementation but guidance from a medical professional should always be sought in this regard as each patient’s individual circumstances differ.
Where possible, the most bioavailable forms have been selected.
ElementGold contains selected key vitamins and minerals including the entire B-vitamin complex (including B12) which can assist with synthesis and repair of the mucosal lining and intestinal wall. B vitamins are also well-known for their ability to reduce muscle spasms, aid in red blood cell production, assist in the digestion and metabolism of fat, protein and carbohydrates and they also support the adrenal gland, thereby increasing the body’s resistance to stress and infection.
Flavourings and Sweeteners
The flavourings and colourings used in ElementGold are all naturally derived. It is due to the use of these ingredients that each flavour has a slightly different nutrition profile.
Except in unsweetened variants ElementGold is sweetened with dextrose. ElementGold Chocolate Royale flavour is additionally sweetened with fructose.
The Unsweetened Vanilla contains no added sugars but sugars are naturally present in other ingredients such as maltodextrin. The intention is that unsweetened flavours can be sweetened with the sweetener of your choice. This may a packaged sweetener such as stevia or natural sources such as fruit or honey. Of course, adding sweeteners will mean the shake will no longer be elemental in nature and you should check with your healthcare professional before adding sweeteners or other ingredients.