Carefully Formulated, Premium Ingredients - Feel the Difference.
Not all elemental diet products are created equal. The premium ingredients used in ElementGold have been carefully selected to minimise any effect on sensitive digestive systems and to maximise your return to digestive health. Taste is also an important part of any food and ElementGold is a particularly tasty elemental shake.
The forms and levels of vitamins and minerals in the formulation is compliant as a Food for Special Medical Purposes under the Australia/New Zealand Food Standards Code.
Find out more details about ingredients below:
Protein is vitally important, not only for gaining weight, but for many different functions within the body. Aside from water, protein makes up the greatest portion of our body weight. Muscles, ligaments, tendons, organs, glands, nails, hair, enzymes, hormones and genes are all made of protein.
ElementGold has one of the highest protein contents of all commercially available elemental diets. The amount of protein per serving contained in ElementGold (34 grams) approaches the maximum that can be absorbed by the body at one time (30-50g). The protein used in ElementGold is a premium form extracted using Ion-exchange. This is a gentle process that ensures the most nutritive and pure whey protein isolate.
Whey Isolate Protein
The whey protein used in ElementGold is the highest quality hydrolyzed whey protein isolate derived from an ion-exchange method.
This ensures that proteins are not denatured (by heat or chemicals) but that the di-sulphide bonds remain intact, allowing the protein to be easily absorbed and utilised by the body as well as enhancing the availability of free-form amino acids. Ion-exchange whey protein also creates sustained increases in the amino acid glutathione - a key antioxidant.
Other elemental diets may use a cheaper extraction process, usually involving heat treatment, which risks denaturing the proteins. Cheaper diets also often contain casein (which some people are allergic to). The whey extraction process used in ElementGold is the most effective method available to remove casein and lactose.
The premium whey protein isolate in ElementGold includes the following beneficial proteins:
- Alpha-lactalbumin is a protein which enhances the action of tryptophan, immune function and reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Glycomacropeptides are bioactive peptides containing 15-20% of the proteins present in whey. They stimulate the hormone cholecystokinin, which is responsible for the release of pancreatic enzymes and the healthy contraction of the gallbladder and bowels and are being studied for their antimicrobial, anticariogenic, gastric acid inhibitory properties as well as their functioning as a prebiotic and immune modulator.
- Lactoferrin is an antioxidant that is also a powerful antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial agent shown to inhibit the growth of E.coli, salmonella and candida. It also helps ensure the optimal use of iron in the body by binding to iron and preventing oxidation as well as having a positive effect on bone turnover, reducing resorption activity and increasing bone formation.
Biological Value (BV) is a measure of the proportion of protein that can be absorbed and utilised by the body, from a particular food source. For example, an egg, long considered by scientists to be an ideal source of easily digested protein, has a Biological Value of 100. Not only does ElementGold contain one of the highest protein levels in grams, but with a Biological Value of 159, the protein contained in ElementGold is one of the highest available in a protein supplement.
The amino acids (all in the L-form as found naturally in plants and animals) contained within the whey protein isolate are as follows:
- L-Arginine retards growth of tumors and cancers by enhancing immune function, aids in liver detoxification, is involved in a number of enzyme and hormonal pathways, is a major component of collagen and aids in building new bone and tendon cells.
- L-Histadine helps in tissue growth and repair, useful for treating ulcers, hyperacidity, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis and anemia.
- L-Isoleucine needed for hemoglobin formation, stabilizes and regulates blood sugar and energy levels.
- L-Leucine promotes the healing of bones, skin and tissue.
- L-Lysine aids calcium absorption and production of antibodies, hormones and enzymes, helps build muscle, collagen formation and tissue repair.
- L-Methionine assists in the breakdown of fats, prevents brittle hair, beneficial for allergic chemical sensitivities and osteoporosis.
- L-Phenylalanine can elevate mood, decrease pain and aid in memory and learning.
- L-Tryptophan necessary for production of vitamin B3, helps combat depression, insomnia and stabilize moods, helps control hyperactivity in children.
- L-Valine used in combination with Leucine and Isoleucine to improve muscle metabolism, tissue repair and nitrogen balance.